Before you start, now may be time to actually take a step back and ask yourself whether you need to hire an expert… or if you just need a better understanding of paid search yourself. Here’s some links to a few resources we think you may find useful:
First, let’s take a look at whether or not you even need to hire anyone. It is worth going through the following points to determine whether there is an actual need to hire someone to manage your pay per click marketing campaigns.
Most people hire experts / consultants / agencies for three reasons:
- They do not think they have the skills to manage their paid search accounts.
- They believe they do not have the time to manage paid search.
- They simply have no interest whatsoever in paid search at all and do not care about the expenses of hiring a PPC consultant / agency.
If you fall into the third category then obviously there is little question that you should just go ahead and hire someone to do the job for you, but if you fall into either of the first two categories you might want to get a better understanding of PPC or paid search and go through it yourself.
You can at a later date, get a PPC consultant or paid search agency to have a FREE review of your paid search accounts.
The next thing we have to look at are, the basic principles that are required to be able to effectively manage a PPC marketing campaign:
- Have easy access to the internet.
- You need to be able to do some basic copy writing.
- You need to be able to track the results of your campaigns.
- Make the necessary modifications to your landing pages and ads which might require some basic knowledge of HTML.
If you do not know how to do or have access to any of the above, you might want to hire a PPC consultancy or PPC agency.
If you have decided that you do want to hire a PPC marketing agency, there are a couple things you should pay attention to, below are a few pointers to help you along the way:
- What is the person / agencies experience of PPC and what are the types of accounts they have managed?
- What are the levels of budgets they have managed and the results gained?
- Will they be using any specific software to manage your account?
- Do they understand SEO and how both PPC and SEO can work together?
If you decide to hire a PPC agency, you should give them a 45 day window to optimize your PPC marketing campaign and see if they can produce results. Never underestimate the power of PPC marketing for developing your business and creating sales / leads for your website.